There's nothing more delightful than a wedding, when a couple joins together and professes their love before their family and friends. This is what everyone sees. Only a few chosen ones get to see what happens behind the scenes. Wedding catering is challenging because it involves catering for large numbers of people within a short space of time. Therefore, wedding caterers need to be prepared and have the correct catering equipment to ensure a successful wedding reception dinner.
This is a list of catering equipment that will make any wedding caterer's task much easier.
· Food Processor. This is a handy piece of kitchen equipment that will make your food preparation much easier. Invest in a quality commercial grade food processor that offers multiple functions such as slicing, grating, and cutting.
· Chafing Dishes. Chafing dishes with a mirror polished finish create an elegant buffet setting for a wedding and are both essential and extremely useful for caterers because the vast amounts of food is kept warm and ready to serve.
· Bain Maries. Bain Maries are ideal for large weddings where a lot of food needs to be kept consistently warm during the buffet.
· Rice Cooker. A rice cooker takes the hassle out of making rice the traditional way and frees up the caterer to take care of other food preparation tasks.
· Crockery. Plates, side plates, cups, and saucers are essential for any caterer. Invest in basic white crockery that can easily be replaced if it is broken or damaged.
· Cutlery. Stainless steel knives, forks, and spoons are hygienic and keep up their appearance wash after wash.
· Stainless Steel Urn. As a caterer you need to prepare a tea and coffee station. A large stainless steel urn filled with water that is constantly on a boil setting will ensure that guests enjoy a hot cup of tea and coffee whenever they wish.
· Fold and Go Cart. This is a fold up serving trolley that makes moving dishes around much easier. It is a handy trolley that folds up easily so it is ideal for wedding caterers who need to travel to venues.
· Large Storage Containers with Lids. Usually much of the food preparation takes place before you arrive to the wedding venue. That means that you need to safely and hygienically transport the food to the venue. Large storage containers with lids stack one upon another and allow for easy storage while traveling.
Wedding caterers have a busy season ahead and need all the catering equipment help they can get.