It's easy to think about how someone else's situation is more difficult then the one you are currently dealing with. I mean, you could be starving in a third-world country, working at McDonald's, or even getting shot at in Iraq.
That does not need help you though, does it?
What's really important is to get through whatever you're going through the best way possible. You can not just make a statement and hope your problems go away. One great way to deal with difficult situations is to face them head on with a very powerful weapon:
Who better to assist you than one of the most iconic humorists of his time, and even today, Woody Allen. These 10 quotes should help you face your problems with a lighter heart and a less stressful attitude.
1. "Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."
2. "I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."
3. "There are worse things in life than death." Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman? "
Love is complicated, to say the least. While it's easy to attribute the word love to many things in our lives, do we really know what it is we're talking about when we say we "love" things? Let's see what Woody says.
4. "Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions."
5. "A fast word about oral contraption." I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'. "
When it comes to the practicalities of life, Woody has a way of making it all go by with a lot more laughs
6. "Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."
7. "I am not afraid of death, I just do not want to be there when it happens."
8. "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose."
9. "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans."
10. "The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you do not have."
I can not say your problems are worth laughing at, but maybe if you looked at them in a new light, one that involves humor, you might be able to deal with them better.